You have to create all accounts with CryptoTax as new depots with Blockpit.
We recommend creating the API connections at Blockpit for all supported exchanges and wallets.
If an API connection to your exchange or wallet is not possible at Blockpit, you can import the data using the XLS / CSV template at Blockpit. Since Blockpit uses a slightly different format, you have to copy the CryptoTax CSV data into the Blockpit XLS / CSV file. We recommend using XLS, as CSV is much more difficult to handle and more error-prone.
- Click on “Export data” in your CryptoTax dashboard to receive a CSV with all transactions
- Open the CSV in Excel and mark the first column
- Choose “Data” and select “Text to Columns”
- select “Delimited” and click on “Next”
- For the delimiter, please select “comma” and nothing else and click “finish”.
- Your file now looks like this:
- Delete the accounts that you have already imported to Blockpit as new depots via API.
- Read the Blockpit import instructions and download the template from the Blockpit application.
- To make copying as easy as possible for you, we recommend that you sort all columns in the CryptoTax template in the order of the Blockpit template and delete any columns that are not required.
The columns exchange_order_id, additional_data, buy_exchange_asset_name, sell_exchange_asset_name fee_exchange_asset_name, original_exchange_name, hardfork_exchange_name and hardfork_account_name can be deleted in the CryptoTax template.
- The column account_name in the CryptoTax template corresponds to the column depot_name in the Blockpit template.
- The columns transaction_type and clarification are combined as transaction_type in Blockpit1. Thus, for example, transaction_type = deposit and clarification = staking with CryptoTax only become one entry transaction_type = staking with Blockpit. If you have adjusted the entries in the transaction_type column accordingly, you can also delete the clarification column.
Your CryptoTax file should now look like this:
- Now you can copy the entire content starting from the second raw and paste it into the Blockpit import template starting at the second raw.
- Please create your depots manually in Blockpit before importing them into our application.
- Upload the XLS file to Blockpit according to the above import instructions.
When you have imported the data, check whether the import worked correctly. Then, if necessary, you can carry out the links and classifications.
(1) Currently supported values